Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine recently said "I hate this country" during a live episode of The Voice, after two of his contestants were eliminated. Nothing special here, I guess. The reaction was surprising though. There have since been calls for NBC to fire him.
Obviously we know that Adam doesn't really hate America. But apparently, some people must take everything literally. How crazy!
No wonder some people in America are now saying that everything should be taken literally. Or wait - did that come first? The dumbing down of culture has really hit hard!
Doing sociology and philosophy in real time by looking at developments in contemporary Western politics and culture. My mission is to stop the authoritarian 'populist' right and the cultural-systemist left from destroying the West.
Labels
-
Let's rewind to 2016. Oberlin Banh-mi-gate was perhaps one of the most memorable episodes of 2010s cultural nonsense. It was memorable n...
-
The important question is whether the ‘populist right’ can co-exist alongside liberals in a healthy democratic system. I honestly don't ...
-
With the Trump administration embroiled in the unpopular Iran War, several online influencers known for peddling extremely distasteful antis...