So it's official. Several days ago Donald Trump became the Republican nominee, and by and large the GOP has embraced him, even with his problematic platform. It appears that winning office and defeating Hillary Clinton is more important than small government and individual liberty for them.
Many libertarians and moderate Republicans must be quite upset right now. But the truth is, now they hold the key to stop Trump from actually taking over their party. If Trump doesn't win in November, his 'takeover' of the party is over instantly.
The question is, can enough of them bring themselves to vote Democratic for once? Even if the candidate is Hillary Clinton? Time will tell, but I think at least some of them will. I would, if I were in their position.
Adele - Hello (cover/parody)
Download the full song here.
Doing sociology and philosophy in real time by looking at developments in contemporary Western politics and culture. My mission is to stop the authoritarian 'populist' right and the cultural-systemist left from destroying the West.
Labels
-
Let's rewind to 2016. Oberlin Banh-mi-gate was perhaps one of the most memorable episodes of 2010s cultural nonsense. It was memorable n...
-
The important question is whether the ‘populist right’ can co-exist alongside liberals in a healthy democratic system. I honestly don't ...
-
I think it could be more popular than right-libertarianism and left-libertarianism In recent years, I've come to identify as both a cent...